Friday, May 23, 2014

Extreme decluttering

So I'm a bit redundant, I can't help it. I WANT to declutter but I couldn't bear to give up anything.

So today I got serious. Really serious. I started taking things out of the house with the idea of moving things back in, maybe in a new spot, maybe where they were. And anything left outside would be sold or stored down in the barn.

When I started pulling things out I had a real eye-opener about how much stuff I have.

Take a look. The two pictures below are of the things I dragged out from the bedroom.


 I can say without a doubt that five doors are sooooo not going back in.

Now we move to the livingroom.

Decisions will need to be made here. There's a church pew hidden behind stuff on the left that I would like to move inside. I'll have to walk around with a measuring tape.

Now the dining room.

It doesn't look like a lot but it was a mess. The door wasn't in a happy place. I love the door and it's staying but I'll have to drag it from room to room to find a spot.

I'll have to do a Part Two where I show what didn't get back into the house.

And right now I need to get out there and start dragging because it looks like rain. Figures!

Sharing with
coastal charm
be different act normal


7 comments:

  1. I'll send a truck right away. You don't need all that good stuff (I do).
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send the truck to Shady Cove in a few weeks! Tie Days is coming!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Okay! I'll be selling the excess at the Tie Days celebration in Shady Cove. August 23-24. See you there.

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of doors! I'm still decluttering here so I can't even look at what you have left over. If I look, I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing that you had 5 doors in your bedroom? Rest assured, I am not pointing fingers, since that is the kind of thing that I would do. In fact, in my computer room, where I sit, is a rolled rug, a chair resting on it, numerous boxes and all kinds of smalls. The cats appreciate the maze I have for them in every room.
    What is pathetic is the fact that I would SO go to your sale, if you weren't on the west coast. Hah, hah. Don't you just love when people write about stripping their homes to just the basics?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the patina on the doors and frames! It looks like you have your work cut out for you. Enjoy the journey!

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

    ReplyDelete