Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A long day, but I got to go to Ikea!

It was a busy week last week. I was getting ready to go to Portland to see about qualifying for a clinical trial and trying to get a couple pieces of furniture done for the booth (lest anyone think I'm slacking!) I also had a barn sale and was able to let go of a lot of industrial stuff and more furniture.

And I built a deck by myself with one arm tied behind my back. No I didn't. That's next week.

I wanted to get these little tables done because I love farm tables and I also love the Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint color Eulalie's Sky. Plus my booth is kinda sparse right now.

I've had this farm table in the garage where it was my "work table" but actually served as a flat catch-all space. It was painted half red and half purple and I just went over it with a nice creamy white I mixed up from odds and ends. The missing drawer wasn't a problem, I just put a board over the space and did a raised stencil to give it some interest.



The raised grain on this old dear made distressing a breeze. I wish I had room for a table like this. They are so humble and adorable!


Then I got to use my new favorite yummy paint color on a small table that just seemed to need a perk-up.


The pretty sheen on this table was achieved by using white metallic wax from Ce Ce Caldwell over the clear wax.


This little table was left out to get too dry at some point in its life but the resulting damage adds some texture to the legs.

So, with furniture painted and barn sale wrapped up, we took off yesterday to OHSU in Portland to start the testing process to get me into a clinical trial. It's about a 5 hour drive from our place and I spent the time editing pics for ebay.

And how did that first meeting go?

And then we went to Ikea and out for Sushi! Ikea! I haven't been to Ikea in 15 or more years.

I flew home last night because Mr. Bad had to continue on a business trip and today I'm pooped. Even good days with good news can wear you out! Plus I was pretty anxious about the testing that was going to be done. We had no idea if my blood counts had gotten to the point where I might qualify. WHEW!

And now I'm going to finish painting a frenchy nightstand and maybe get my spray booth ready for a dresser.

work work work!

Wouldn't have it any other way!

Linking to:
my uncommon slice of suburbia
http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/ 
http://missmustardseed.com

2 comments:

  1. So glad you may qualify for the trial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous table! Wishing you the best of luck with the trial!XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete