Friday, September 28, 2012

Color me textured.


All of a sudden I've been thinking about texture. Maybe it's from being up close and personal with so many pieces of old weathered furniture. The crazing, the flaking, the chipping, the alligatoring (is that even a term?), along with the chips and cracks and blemishes that come from hard use and often some neglect are so interesting to look at! 
I love color. And design. But .... but ... TEXTURE! I might love texture more than color. I adore monochromatic rooms or outfits where it's the textures that make the impact.

Since I have already explored historic color, I was inspired to explore some textures.

 

I love that chair! And I love that door! So photogenic, don't you think?

Linking to:

3 comments:

  1. Quite interesting texture on the chair. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love texture, these photos gave off a sense of calmness, love the chair. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daena, I love this union jack? pillow!!! Earthy. I'm following you know and a new like on Facebook. I'm a newbie and posted "Vintage Halloween Apron here. Follow me and give me a facebook like at www.sewsweertvintage.com Love your passion vintage sista:)

    ReplyDelete